This was the perfect way to start Fall. It was cold, wet and cloudy.
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 5 carrots shredded (or you can use pre-shredded carrots from the produce section)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped red onion
- 1 ½ cup low fat milk
- 2 cans Progresso GF Vegetable Classics Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 2 packages of Sargento sliced cheddar cheese
- 5 potatoes baked and cut into chunks
- Chicken or ham (Optional)
- 2 14.5 oz. cans of Gluten Free Chicken Broth
Sauté the carrots and onion in the butter until soft.
Next, add the chicken broth and simmer for 30 minutes.
Then, add the milk, mushroom soup, cheddar cheese and potatoes.
I usually let it simmer for about half an hour or until dinner. ( This is when you would add the chicken or ham.)
We made soft pretzels in the shape of pumpkins to go along with the Fall theme.
Hope y’all can kick off Fall with this amazing soup. 🙂